For the perfect crackling, air-dry the pork in the fridge up to 2 days before cooking. Recipe by Curtis Stone.
The ingredient of Curtis Stone’s slow roasted pork leg with crackling and smoky salsa
- 1 Coles Australian Pork Leg Roast Bone In (about 3kg), rind on
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 truss tomatoes (about 850g)
- 2 long red chillies
- 4 spring onions, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves and tender stems
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 24 small corn or flour tortillas, warmed (see notes)
- 2 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Curtis Stone’s slow roasted pork leg with crackling and smoky salsa
- To prepare the pork, at least one night before cooking, using a sharp knife or box cutter, gently deepen scoring on rind and extend existing scoring so that all of the rind is scored. Be sure to cut all the way through rind and fat until you reach meat (donu2019t cut through meat). Refrigerate pork, uncovered, for at least 12 hours and up to 2 days. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 250C (230C fan-forced). Rub salt into scored rind. Season cut side of pork with salt and place pork on a rack set in a roasting pan.
- Roast pork for 30 mins or until rind is crisp and golden. Reduce oven temperature to 160C (140C fan-forced) and roast for 21/2 hours or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into centre of pork registers 65C. Transfer pork to carving board to rest for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, prepare a covered barbecue for high heat. On a large baking tray, toss tomatoes, chillies and spring onions with oil and season with salt. Lightly oil barbecue grates, place vegetables on barbecue and close lid. Cook vegetables, turning only once, for 8 mins each side for tomatoes, 6 mins each side for chillies and 3 mins each side for spring onions or until blackened as much as possible (donu2019t worry if tomatoes break open and begin to fall apart u2013 itu2019s a sign that theyu2019re cooked through). Using tongs, transfer vegetables to baking tray and cool slightly. Trim stems from chillies and remove seeds, if desired (donu2019t remove charred skin).
- In a blender, combine blackened vegetables, garlic, coriander and 2 tablespoons lemon juice and blend until mostly pureed but still chunky. Season salsa with salt.
- Serve pork with salsa, tortillas, cabbage, radishes and avocados.
Nutritions of Curtis Stone’s slow roasted pork leg with crackling and smoky salsafatContent: