Using lean beef mince and loaded with 5.5 serves of vegies, this healthier take on tacos will be a new family favourite.
The ingredient of Better-for-you sweet potato tacos recipe
- 4 x 300g orange sweet potatoes
- Olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 400g lean beef mince
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 100g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 small pineapple, peeled, diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander leaves, plus extra 1/4 cup leaves, to serve
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, plus wedges, to serve
- 1 avocado
The instruction how to make Better-for-you sweet potato tacos recipe
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Spray with oil. Sprinkle all over with paprika. Wrap individually in foil. Place on prepared tray. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mince. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add half the onion. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, ground coriander, cumin and oregano. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add tomato paste and 1/3 cup water. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until mixture thickens slightly. Season.
- Combine tomato, pineapple, chopped coriander, half the lime juice, and remaining onion and oil in a bowl. Season. Place avocado and remaining lime juice in a bowl. Mash until well combined. Season.
- Remove and discard foil from sweet potatoes. Return to tray. Cut a slit lengthways in each without cutting all the way through. Open slightly. Fill with mince mixture. Bake for a further 5 minutes or until mince mixture is heated through.
- Top sweet potatoes with salsa and avocado mixture. Sprinkle with extra coriander leaves. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutritions of Better-for-you sweet potato tacos recipefatContent: 551.851 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19.4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 54.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 31.5 grams protein