Combine tasty barbecued prawns with soft avocado, coriander & grilled corn and wrap in a warm tortilla for a sensational summer dinner by Curtis Stone.
The ingredient of Soft prawn tacos
- 1kg Australian raw banana prawns, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 limes, separated, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander stems, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 small green cabbage, core removed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 large avocado, cut into 16 thin slices
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 4 ears corn, husks pulled back and tied (silk strands removed)
- 1 extra lime, cut into 4 wedges
The instruction how to make Soft prawn tacos
- Preheat BBQ or chargrill pan to medium heat.
- Combine garlic, lime zest, ginger and coriander stems with 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large bowl. Add prawns and toss to coat. Set aside while preparing cabbage.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix the sour cream, lime juice, smoked paprika, cumin and cayenne pepper. Season well with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbage, red onion and salt. Stand for about 5 minutes to soften. Then add about half the sour cream mix until well coated. Add more if needed to make a creamy consistency.
- To warm the tortillas, place on grill and cook for about 2 minutes per side then stack on a plate covered with a tea towel or foil.
- Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over the corn and season with salt and pepper. Cook on chargrill, keeping the husk off the side of the pan to prevent burning, until slightly charred all over, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside covered with foil.
- Cook the prawns on the grill for 3-4 minutes, or until pink. Remove to a bowl.
- To assemble, divide the prawns evenly between the tortillas, top with a heaped spoonful of cabbage, and garnish with avocado and coriander leaves. Serve with corn and lime wedges.
Nutritions of Soft prawn tacosfatContent: 945.962 calories
saturatedFatContent: 40.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13.1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 80.8 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5.3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 69 grams protein
sodiumContent: 552 milligrams cholesterol