For a lighter alternative to Mexican cuisine try this simple prawn and tortilla salad.
The ingredient of Mexican prawn and tortilla salad
- 2 corn cobs, husks and silks removed
- Olive oil, to brush
- 2 flour tortillas
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, stone removed, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1kg cooked prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- Lime wedges (optional), to serve
The instruction how to make Mexican prawn and tortilla salad
- Heat a chargrill or frying pan over high heat. Lightly brush the corn with a little of the oil. Cook, turning occasionally, for 8 mins or until lightly charred and tender. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, lightly brush the tortillas with a little oil. Cook for 1-2 mins each side or until lightly browned and crisp. Set aside to cool. Break into shards.
- Whisk the taco seasoning, lime juice and extra oil in a small bowl.
- Use a sharp knife to cut down the side of each corn cob to remove the kernels. Arrange the corn, lettuce, capsicum, avocado, tortilla shards and prawns on a serving platter. Top with coriander and drizzle with dressing. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Nutritions of Mexican prawn and tortilla saladfatContent: 446.93 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 29 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 32 grams protein