Just whip up the filling while the pastry is baking, then this yummy pie is ready to eat.
The ingredient of Open Mexican pies
- Olive oil spray
- 3 sheets (25 x 25cm) frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, just thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 800g beef mince
- 1 large red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large red capsicum, halved, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 1 x 35g pkt taco seasoning mix
- 1 x 420g can Red Kidney Beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 x 400g can diced tomato
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- Sour cream, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Open Mexican pies
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Spray ten 150ml-capacity muffin pans with olive oil spray to grease. Cut the pastry sheets into quarters. Line the muffin pans with pastry squares. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to rest.
- Cover the pastry bases with non-stick baking paper. Fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Remove paper and pastry weights or rice. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the mince and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until mince changes colour. Add the onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add taco seasoning and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the beans, tomato and water. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Stir in the coriander.
- Divide the pastry cases among serving plates. Spoon the beef mixture among pastry cases. Top with sour cream and coriander leaves to serve.
Nutritions of Open Mexican piesfatContent: 422.791 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 29 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 22 grams protein
sodiumContent: 76 milligrams cholesterol