Try this crispy chicken tortilla salad for a simple and speedy weeknight dinner.
The ingredient of Mexican chicken tortilla salad
- 2 corn cobs, husks removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600g Coles RSPCA Approved Chicken Schnitzel
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1 baby cos lettuce, trimmed, leaves removed, torn
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper strips
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup (100g) Nandou2019s Perinaise Peri-Peri Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
The instruction how to make Mexican chicken tortilla salad
- Heat a barbecue or chargrill plate on medium heat. Cook corn, turning frequently, for 10 mins or until charred. Transfer corn to a plate. Set aside for 10 mins to cool. Remove the kernels from the cob.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken for 3 mins each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Thickly slice.
- Sprinkle the tortillas with water and chargrill for 2-3 mins each side or until crispy. Coarsely tear into small pieces.
- Arrange the lettuce on a large platter. Top with the red pepper strips, spring onion, avocado, tomato, tortilla and chicken. Combine the mayonnaise, lime juice and 1 tablespoon water in a jug. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the salad with dressing to serve.
Nutritions of Mexican chicken tortilla saladfatContent: