Give traditional slow-cooked roast lamb a Mexican make-over in this hearty iron-rich meal.
The ingredient of Shredded Mexican-spiced lamb
- 1.5kg lamb shoulder, trimmed, scored (bone in)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Light sour cream, to serve
- Lettuce leaves, to serve
- Flour tortillas, to serve
The instruction how to make Shredded Mexican-spiced lamb
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Place lamb in a roasting pan. Rub all over with cumin. Season well with salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil. Roast for 30 minutes. Drain off excess fat.
- Reduce oven to 160u00b0C/140u00b0C fan-forced. Add 1 cup cold water, pasta sauce, oregano and cinnamon to lamb. Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 2 hours 40 minutes or until meat is falling from the bone. Discard bone.
- Transfer lamb to a large plate. Pour sauce into a jug. Set aside. Using 2 forks, shred meat into large chunks. Using a spoon, skim the fat from the top of the sauce mixture. Place lamb and sauce mixture in a saucepan over low heat. Cook for 10 minutes or until simmering and heated through.
- Sprinkle lamb with coriander. Serve with sour cream, lettuce and tortillas.
Nutritions of Shredded Mexican-spiced lambfatContent: 469.874 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 32.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 39 grams protein
sodiumContent: 120 milligrams cholesterol