Spice up your night with this Mexican-inspired chicken and rice dish.
The ingredient of Mexican rice with chicken
- 4 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 3 chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups white long-grain rice, rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 70g roasted red capsicum, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
The instruction how to make Mexican rice with chicken
- Pour stock into a microwave-safe jug. Cover and microwave on HIGH (100%) for 3 to 4 minutes or until stock is hot.
- Meanwhile, season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large, deep saucepan over high heat. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden but not cooked through. Remove to a board. Thickly slice across the grain.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add rice, chilli and saffron. Stir to coat. Add hot stock. Return chicken to pan. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in peas and capsicum. Remove from heat. Stir in coriander. Serve.
Nutritions of Mexican rice with chickenfatContent: 658.684 calories
saturatedFatContent: 13 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 87 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 44 grams protein