Turn mini pumpkins into tasty containers for the Mexican bean mix.
The ingredient of Minikins with Mexican beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium (about 250g) green zucchini, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, halved, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 35g salt-reduced taco seasoning
- 1 x 400g can diced Italian tomatoes
- 1 x 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 6 small (7cm diameter) mini pumpkins (minikins)
- Sour cream, to serve
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
The instruction how to make Minikins with Mexican beans
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Heat half of the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the zucchini, onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5-8 minutes or until soft. Add the seasoning and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add the tomato and kidney beans and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Use a sharp knife to remove the top of each minikin. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and discard. Spoon the bean mixture evenly among the minikins. Place the minikins and minikin lids in a roasting pan. Drizzle over the remaining oil and bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- Place the stuffed minikins on a serving platter. Top with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with coriander. Top with minikin lids and serve.
Nutritions of Minikins with Mexican beansfatContent: