Gather your amigos - with this one-pan dish its easy to enjoy a midweek meal Mexican feast!
The ingredient of One-pan Mexican chicken
- 1 teaspoon Mexican chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 small chicken drumsticks
- 1 medium red onion, quartered, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red capsicum, chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 375g jar medium thick and chunky salsa
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/3 cup white long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make One-pan Mexican chicken
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Combine chilli powder, oregano, ground coriander, garlic and half the oil in a large bowl. Add chicken. Rub chilli powder mixture over chicken.
- Heat remaining oil in a flameproof baking dish over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat. Add onion, capsicum, tomato, salsa and stock to pan. Turn chicken to coat.
- Bake for 50 minutes, turning chicken halfway through cooking. Add beans and rice. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken cooked through. Stir in chopped coriander. Sprinkle with coriander leaves. Serve.
Nutritions of One-pan Mexican chickenfatContent: 808.537 calories
saturatedFatContent: 42 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 34 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 13 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 70 grams protein