The ingredient of Mexican chilli curry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1kg diced beef chuck steak
- 800g can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Massel beef stock
- 420g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/3 cup (60g) cornmeal (polenta)
The instruction how to make Mexican chilli curry
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 onion, chopped and 1 fresh jalapeno chilli, deseeded, finely chopped. Cook for 3 minutes, until soft. Add 1 tablespoon chilli powder and 1kg diced chuck steak, stir until meat browns.
- Add can whole peeled tomatoes, beef stock, red kidney beans. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes, or until meat is tender.
- Stir in cornmeal (polenta) and cook for a further 15-20 minutes or until thickens slightly. Serve in warm tortillas, with sour cream and lime wedges.
Nutritions of Mexican chilli curryfatContent: 578.858 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 30 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 63 grams protein
sodiumContent: 118 milligrams cholesterol