Creamy avocado tastes delicious with the zesty, spicy flavours in this salad.
The ingredient of Mexican chicken salad
- 2 single chicken breast fillets
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large oranges
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, stone removed, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Flour tortillas (optional), to serve
The instruction how to make Mexican chicken salad
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with the cumin. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Thinly slice diagonally across the grain.
- Meanwhile, use a sharp knife to trim the base and top of each orange so they sit flat. Cut down the sides to remove the rind and white pith. Cut along either side of the white membrane to remove the segments.
- Combine the lime juice, garlic and remaining oil in a small bowl.
- Combine the chicken, orange, lime juice mixture, onion, avocado and 1/2 cup of coriander in a large bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide among serving plates and top with the remaining coriander. Serve with tortillas, if desired.
Nutritions of Mexican chicken saladfatContent: 342.965 calories
saturatedFatContent: 26 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 8 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 20 grams protein