Looking for chicken dinner ideas for two? Add this trimmed-down fajitas recipe to your to-cook list.
The ingredient of Chicken fajitas recipe for two
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch chilli powder
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lime, rind finely grated and juiced
- 1 chicken breast fillet, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced
- 250ml Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- 1/8 green cabbage, finely shredded
- Thick yoghurt, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken fajitas recipe for two
- Combine the cumin, paprika, chilli powder, garlic and lime rind in a large snap lock bag. Add the chicken strips. Seal the bag and toss to coat.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Cook the chicken strips 1-2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the capsicum and cook stirring a further 1-2 minutes or until just softened. Remove and set aside with the chicken.
- Pour the stock into the pan and stir to remove any bits from the pan. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the stock reduces to about 3 tablespoons. Return the chicken to the pan and toss to coat. Stir through the onion and capsicum. Remove from heat.
- To assemble, place a tortilla onto each serving plate. Combine the tomato and coriander in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the lime juice to the mashed avocado and season. Place some cabbage on each tortillas. Top with some chicken and capsicum mixture, tomato salsa, avocado and a dollop of yoghurt, to serve. Scatter with extra coriander leaves, if you like.
Nutritions of Chicken fajitas recipe for twofatContent: