Create a meal with a some well-chosen staples from the pantry and a few extras!
The ingredient of Mexican baked beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Mexican chilli powder
- 2 medium green capsicums, chopped
- 2 x 420g cans red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 400g packet flour tortillas
- 2/3 cup grated cheese sour cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Mexican baked beans
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Heat oil in a large flameproof, ovenproof dish over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add chilli powder and capsicum. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add beans and tomato. Bring to the boil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until beans are tender and sauce has slightly thickened. Stir in coriander.
- Heat tortillas following packet directions. Serve bean mixture with tortillas, cheese and sour cream. For a sweeter bean mix, use red capsicums instead of green.
Nutritions of Mexican baked beansfatContent: 659.162 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 85.8 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 22.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 18 milligrams cholesterol