Chilli, lime and coriander bring fresh inspiration to this Mexican-style omelette.
The ingredient of Mexican-style omelette
- 1/2 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 small fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
The instruction how to make Mexican-style omelette
- Combine capsicum, shallots, and chilli in a bowl. Set aside. In a seperate bowl, whisk together eggs and milk, and season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a small (16cm base) non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the capsicum mixture and cook for 2 minutes. Pour eggs over, reduce heat to medium and cook for 7-9 minutes, until set. Carefully turn onto a serving plate.
- Combine coriander and lime juice with remaining capsicum mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon over omeletteand serve immediately.
Nutritions of Mexican-style omelettefatContent: 269.831 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 4 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 17 grams protein
sodiumContent: 437 milligrams cholesterol