Heat up your night with this hot and spicy beef stew, served with warmed tortillas, tomato, avocado, red onion and fresh coriander.
The ingredient of Smoky Texan beef stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1kg Coles Australian Beef Chuck Steak, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Mexican chilli powder
- 2 cups (500ml) beef stock
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chipotle sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 400g can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 red onion, extra, chopped
- Coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Smoky Texan beef stew
- Heat half the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the beef, in batches, and cook for 5 mins or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 mins or until softened. Add garlic and Mexican chilli powder. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until fragrant. Return beef to the pan with any resting juices, stock, vinegar, chipotle sauce and tomato sauce and stir to combine. Season. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add black beans and lime juice. Cook for a further 30 mins or until beef is very tender.
- Serve beef with tortillas, tomato, avocado, red onion and coriander.
Nutritions of Smoky Texan beef stewfatContent: