The pickled chillies add a kick to the salsa, and complement the sweet pumpkin in this budget-busting weeknight dinner.
The ingredient of Pumpkin and chickpea quesadillas with jalapeno salsa
- 850g Kent pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2/3 cup fresh coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- 100g low-fat feta, crumbled
- 55g (1 cup) reduced-fat cheddar, finely grated
- 8 wholegrain tortillas
- 250g baby tomato medley, chopped
- 30g drained pickled jalapeno chillies
- Reduced fat sour cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Pumpkin and chickpea quesadillas with jalapeno salsa
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin on tray. Spray with olive oil. Season. Roast, stirring halfway, for 15-20 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in garlic and cumin for 1 minute or until aromatic. Stir in chickpeas for 2 minutes or until warmed through. Coarsely crush with a potato masher. Add pumpkin to pan and stir until combined. Remove from heat and stir in half the coriander. Season.
- Combine feta and cheddar in a bowl. Heat remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Place 1 tortilla in pan. Sprinkle with 1/8 of the cheese mixture. Top with 1u20444 of the pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle with another 1u20448 of the cheese mixture and top with another tortilla. Use an egg lifter to press to seal. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until golden underneath. Use egg lifter to turn. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining tortillas and mixtures.
- Combine tomato, chilli and remaining coriander in a bowl. Season. Cut quesadillas into wedges. Top with salsa and sour cream.
Nutritions of Pumpkin and chickpea quesadillas with jalapeno salsafatContent: 636.935 calories
saturatedFatContent: 29 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 61 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 26 grams protein