Made with three different types of milk, this gorgeous butter cake is sure to wow a crowd.
The ingredient of Three-milks cake
- 100g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1 1/3 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup thickened cream, whipped
- 100g glace pineapple, chopped
- 40g pistachio kernels, chopped
- 185g can evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons white rum (optional)
The instruction how to make Three-milks cake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a 7cm-deep, 20.5cm x 11cm (base) glass or ceramic ovenproof loaf pan (see note). Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl on medium-high speed until pale and creamy.
- Add egg yolks in 2 batches, scraping down sides of bowl and beating well between additions. Wash and dry beaters. Beat eggwhites in a clean bowl on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add half the flour to butter mixture. Stir gently to combine. Add half the milk. Stir to combine. Repeat with remaining flour and milk. Fold in eggwhites.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan. Smooth surface. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean (cover cake loosely with foil if over-browning during cooking).
- Make glaze: Combine milks and rum (if using) in a jug. Using a skewer or fork, pierce warm cake all over. Slowly pour glaze over so it soaks into cake. Cool at room temperature for 30 minutes. Refrigerate, covered, for 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove cake from pan. Spread cream over cake. Top with pineapple and pistachios. Serve.
Nutritions of Three-milks cakefatContent: 743.051 calories
saturatedFatContent: 36.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 20.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 88.3 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 16.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 236 milligrams cholesterol