This one-pot recipe for Mexican baked beans is low in fat and high in fibre.
The ingredient of Mexican beans
- 3 cups dried borlotti beans
- 2 middle bacon rashers, rind removed, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Tomato, diced, extra, to serve
- Fresh coriander, extra, to serve
- Green onion, sliced, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Mexican beans
- Rinse beans well under cold water. Drain. Place in a large heavy-based saucepan. Add bacon and garlic. Stir to combine. Cover with cold water (about 4 cups). Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour 10 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Stir in tomato, onion and paprika. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in coriander. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve sprinkled with diced tomato, coriander leaves and green onion.
Nutritions of Mexican beansfatContent: 327.43 calories
saturatedFatContent: 3.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 0.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 41 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 26 grams protein
sodiumContent: 8 milligrams cholesterol