Packed with flavour, these quiches are a great brunch option.
The ingredient of Mexican quiche
- 485g Old El Paso Burrito Kit
- 200g chopped roast chicken
- 125g can corn kernels, drained
- 100g chorizo, chopped
- 2 green shallots, chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, deseeded, finely chopped
- 50g (1/2 cup) grated 4 cheese melt
- 6 eggs
- 300ml light thickened cream
- Sliced fresh chilli, to serve (optional)
- Fresh coriander, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Mexican quiche
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan forced. Lightly grease eight 185ml (3/4 cup) muffin pans. Use scissors to trim about 1cm from each tortilla, all the way round. Heat 4 tortillas in the microwave on High for 20-30 seconds to soften. Working quickly, ease warm tortillas into prepared pans. Place some scrunched foil inside each to prevent the tortillas collapsing into the middle. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Bake for 10 minutes, until the shells are lightly golden. Cool slightly, then carefully remove foil.
- Combine chicken and 1 tablespoon of burrito spice mix in a large bowl. Add corn, chorizo, shallot, capsicum and half the cheese. Mix well.
- Divide the chicken mixture among the tortilla shells. Place the muffin pans on a baking tray. Whisk the eggs and cream in a large bowl or jug until well combined. Season with pepper. Divide evenly among the tortilla shells. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Loosely cover the muffin pans with a sheet of baking paper and then foil (see Note). Bake for 25-30 minutes, until almost set. Uncover and bake for a further 10-15 minutes or until the egg mixture is set. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Top with mild Mexican salsa, chilli and coriander, if you like.
Nutritions of Mexican quichefatContent: