The ingredient of Mexican salad
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 1/4 cup (60ml) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 420g canned red kidney or borlotti beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce, finely sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 capsicum (1 red, 1 yellow), roasted, cut into long, thin strips
- 1 avocado, flesh cut into thick wedges
- Breadsticks or corn chips, to serve
The instruction how to make Mexican salad
- Whisk together the mustard, garlic, coriander, vinegar and oil, then season with salt and pepper. Toss the drained beans with half the dressing.
- Divide lettuce between 6 tumblers. Combine the beans, onion, tomatoes and capsicum and add to tumblers. Sit a wedge of avocado on top, drizzle with remaining dressing and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with long breadsticks or corn chips.
Nutritions of Mexican saladfatContent: 316.197 calories
saturatedFatContent: 28 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 9 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein