Taste.com.au members have embraced this Mexican tortilla bake since it first appeared on the site - try it tonight and see what you think!
The ingredient of Mexican lasagne
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g beef mince
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 35g pkt taco seasoning
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 avocados, halved, stones removed, peeled, thinly sliced lengthways
- 235g (1 cup) sour cream
- 160g (2 cups) coarsely grated cheddar
The instruction how to make Mexican lasagne
- Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until soft.
- Add the mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5-6 minutes or until mince changes colour. Add the tomato and seasoning, and stir until heated through.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Place 2 tortillas over the base of a 2.5-3L (10-12 cup) capacity ovenproof dish. Top with half the mince mixture. Continue layering with 4 tortillas and the remaining mince mixture, finishing with tortillas. Place the avocado, in a single layer, on top. Top with the remaining tortillas. Spread with the sour cream. Top with the cheddar. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden. Serve.
Nutritions of Mexican lasagnefatContent: 693.578 calories
saturatedFatContent: 54 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 24 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 20 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 30 grams protein
sodiumContent: 128 milligrams cholesterol