Roll up these tortillas with their spicy mince and bean filling for a simple meal that will have the family licking their lips in anticipation.
The ingredient of Chilli beef and bean tortilla wraps
- 80ml (1/3 cup) Massel beef stock
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g Heart Smart beef mince
- 1 425g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 300g can red kidney beans (Edgell brand), rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons medium Mexican chilli powder blend (MasterFoods brand)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8-12 20cm diameter Mexican tortillas (Buttercup brand), to serve
- 3 tablespoons extra lite sour cream, to serve
- Shredded lettuce, to serve
- Chopped green shallots, to serve
The instruction how to make Chilli beef and bean tortilla wraps
- Place the stock, onion and garlic in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until the onion softens. Increase heat to high, add the mince and cook, breaking up the mince with a wooden spoon, for 10 minutes or until mince changes colour.
- Stir in the undrained tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato paste, chilli powder blend and sugar, and bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook, partially covered, for 25 minutes or until the mixture is thick. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon the mince mixture onto the tortillas, top with a dollop of sour cream, some lettuce and green shallots, and roll up firmly.
Nutritions of Chilli beef and bean tortilla wrapsfatContent: 613.035 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11 grams fat
sugarContent: 94 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 32 grams protein