Who said pizza topping have to be Italian? Try a Mexican influence for a taste sensation.
The ingredient of Mexican pizza
- 7g sachet dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 350g beef mince
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- 125g can corn kernels, drained
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3/4 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 large avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled, mashed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 30g corn chips
The instruction how to make Mexican pizza
- Preheat oven to 200C. Grease a 30cm round pizza tray (see note).
- Combine 3/4 cup warm water, yeast, sugar and salt in a jug. Whisk with a fork to dissolve. Cover with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 5 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Sift flour into a bowl. Add yeast mixture and oil. Mix to form a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 10 minutes or until elastic. Place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Stand in a warm place for 25 to 30 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
- Use your fist to punch dough down. Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft. Add mince. Cook, stirring to break up mince, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add salsa and corn. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute or until thickened slightly. Remove from heat.
- Roll dough into a 30cm round. Place on prepared tray. Spread with tomato paste. Top with mince mixture and cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until base is crisp.
- Combine avocado and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Spoon onto centre of pizza. Top avocado with corn chips. Serve.
Nutritions of Mexican pizzafatContent: