The kids will love these Mexican-inspired meatballs served with tangy tomato salsa.
The ingredient of Mexican meatballs
- 750g turkey mince or chicken mince
- 1 small brown onion, grated
- 35g packet salt-reduced taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Corn chips, to serve
- 2 tomatoes, seeds removed, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 310g can corn kernels, drained
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
The instruction how to make Mexican meatballs
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Make tomato salsa: Combine tomato, avocado, corn kernels, coriander and 2 tablespoons lime juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Combine mince, onion, taco seasoning mix, breadcrumbs and coriander in a large bowl. Mix well. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Place on baking tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with tomato salsa and corn chips.
Nutritions of Mexican meatballsfatContent: 477.283 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 22 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 47 grams protein