The ingredient of Mexican potatoes
- 4 large (1kg) coliban washed potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 rashers bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 420g can baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1 avocado, mashed
The instruction how to make Mexican potatoes
- Preheat oven to 190u00b0C. Line baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Pierce skin of potatoes in several different places using a fork or skewer. Place potatoes on baking tray.
- Bake in oven for about 1 hour or until tender. Remove from oven and cut a 5cm deep cross into each potato. Press sides to open cross to hold Mexican bean filling.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Fry bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towel and wipe out pan.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook 2-3 minutes until softened. Stir in taco seasoning mix and cook for 30 seconds. Add baked beans and stir until heated through.
- Place potatoes onto serving plates. Fill with bean mixture and top with avocado and crisp bacon.
Nutritions of Mexican potatoesfatContent: 602.758 calories
saturatedFatContent: 34 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 48 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 11 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 21 grams protein