This one-pot red curry recipe is great for beginners.
The ingredient of One-pot red curry chicken and rice
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons Valcom red curry paste
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 x 440g can pineapple thins, drained, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 125g fresh baby corn, diagonally sliced
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make One-pot red curry chicken and rice
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Place chicken in a bowl. Add curry paste. Stir until well coated. Refrigerate for 20 minutes, if time permits.
- Place rice in an 8-cup capacity baking dish (see Notes). Top with onion, pineapple, capsicum and corn. Pour over coconut milk and boiling water. In a single layer, arrange chicken on top. Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Uncover. Bake for a further 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender (see Notes). Remove from oven. Sprinkle with peas. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes or until peas are heated through. Serve topped with coriander.
Nutritions of One-pot red curry chicken and ricefatContent: 497.837 calories
saturatedFatContent: 17 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 61 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 22 grams protein
sodiumContent: 66 milligrams cholesterol