Take a few shortcuts with these hearty chicken and leek pot pies topped with golden, buttery puff pastry.
The ingredient of Cheat’s slow cooker chicken and leek pot pies
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 300g tubs Coles potato, leek and bacon soup
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Mixed salad, to serve
The instruction how to make Cheat’s slow cooker chicken and leek pot pies
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in 2 batches, for 4 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a 5.5-litre slow-cooker.
- Add garlic and soup to slow cooker. Cover. Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Blend cream and cornflour in a jug. Add to chicken mixture. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until mixture bubbles. Stir in parsley. Season with pepper.
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Cut pastry sheet in half. Cut pastry crossways into 1cm strips. Divide strips into four portions on prepared tray. Shape each portion into a bundle. Brush with egg. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden and puffed. Divide mixture among serving ramekins. Top with pastry. Serve with salad.
Nutritions of Cheat’s slow cooker chicken and leek pot piesfatContent: