Beans in tomato sauce add extra richness to this easy one-pot.
The ingredient of One-pot French-style mustard chicken with beans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 small chicken thigh cutlets, skin on
- 4 streaky bacon rashers, coarsely chopped
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 x 300g cans Heinz Baked Beanz in tomato sauce
- 120g baby spinach
The instruction how to make One-pot French-style mustard chicken with beans
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- 2 Add the bacon and onion to the pan and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until starts to soften and caramelise. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Stir in the stock and mustard. Bring to the boil then stir in the cream and thyme.
- Return the chicken to the pan. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until liquid has thickened slightly. Stir in the baked beans and spinach. Cook for a further 2-5 minutes or until spinach has wilted and chicken is cooked through. Serve.
Nutritions of One-pot French-style mustard chicken with beansfatContent: