Infused with the essence of sweet apricots and tangy citrus notes, this sticky chicken dish is a family hit.
The ingredient of One-pot sticky apricot and orange chicken with rice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 (1kg total) chicken thigh cutlets, skin on, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning
- 1/3 cup apricot jam
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup white long-grain rice
- 1/2 orange, thinly sliced into rounds (youu2019ll need 6 slices)
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
The instruction how to make One-pot sticky apricot and orange chicken with rice
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Heat oil in a 10-cup capacity flameproof baking dish over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl. Drain excess fat from dish and carefully wipe dish clean. Add seasoning and jam to chicken. Toss to coat.
- Add onion and garlic to dish over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Remove from heat. Arrange chicken over onion mixture. Add stock, apricot nectar and orange juice to dish. Bake for 40 minutes. Using a spoon, skim any fat from surface of stock mixture. Add rice to stock mixture. Top chicken with orange slices. Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 20 minutes or until rice is just tender. Stir in peas and parsley. Stand for 5 minutes or until any excess liquid is absorbed and peas are heated through. Serve.
Nutritions of One-pot sticky apricot and orange chicken with ricefatContent: 710.308 calories
saturatedFatContent: 33.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 55.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 45.8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 131 milligrams cholesterol