As the temperature dips, go from stovetop to tabletop with this warming and healthy French chicken and mushroom casserole.
The ingredient of Low-cal chicken and mushroom one-pot
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1kg Lilydale Free Range Chicken Thigh, trimmed, halved
- 300g button mushrooms
- 2 large celery sticks, finely chopped
- 4 French shallots, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced tomato paste
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 185ml (3/4 cup) Massel Salt Reduced Chicken Style Liquid Stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, plus extra, to serve
- 1/4 cup fresh continental parsley leaves
- Steamed wholemeal couscous, to serve
- Steamed green beans, to serve
The instruction how to make Low-cal chicken and mushroom one-pot
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken, in 2 batches, for 5 minutes or until golden then transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan. Add the mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes or until golden. Add celery, shallot and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook, scraping base of pan with a wooden spoon, for 2 minutes or until reduced by half. Add the tomato, stock and thyme. Bring to the boil. Return the chicken to the pan and simmer for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Season. Stir in parsley. Serve with couscous and beans, sprinkled with extra thyme.
Nutritions of Low-cal chicken and mushroom one-potfatContent: 357.066 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 25.2 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 32.9 grams protein