For a fool-proof recipe, you cant go past this sensational chicken and mushroom casserole.
The ingredient of One-pot French-style chicken casserole
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1kg Coles RSPCA Approved Chicken Thighs, halved crossways
- 1 carrot, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, coarsely chopped
- 100g bacon, chopped
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 200g cup mushrooms, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white wine
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Extra virgin olive oil, for dipping
The instruction how to make One-pot French-style chicken casserole
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Season chicken. Cook, in batches, for 5 mins or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining olive oil in the pan over medium heat. Add carrot and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins. Add bacon, leek and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until bacon and mushrooms are golden. Add garlic and tarragon and cook for 1 min or until aromatic.
- Add flour to the pan and cook, stirring, for 2 mins. Gradually add wine and stock, stirring to combine. Return the chicken to the pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 mins or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in cream and parsley and cook for 2-3 mins. Season.
- Serve with beans, crusty bread and extra virgin olive oil
Nutritions of One-pot French-style chicken casserolefatContent: