Filled with creamy chicken and topped with buttery pastry, these pot pies are just the thing to warm up with when the mercury starts to drop.
The ingredient of Creamy chicken, artichoke and pesto pot pies
- 20g butter, chopped
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 800g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 170g jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 quantity Bu00e9chamel Sauce (see related recipe)
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
The instruction how to make Creamy chicken, artichoke and pesto pot pies
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C/200u00b0C fan-forced. Grease 4 x 1u00bd-cup-capacity ovenproof dishes. Place prepared dishes on a large baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add chicken. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned. Stir in artichoke, Basil Pesto and Bu00e9chamel Sauce. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Stir in peas.
- Whisk egg and milk together in a small bowl. Using the top of 1 dish as a guide, cut 2 circles from each pastry sheet, cutting the circles 5mm larger than the dish
- Divide chicken mixture among prepared dishes. Top with pastry, pressing edges with a fork to seal. Brush tops with a little egg mixture. Cut a cross into the top of each pie. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until pastry is golden and puffed. Serve.
Nutritions of Creamy chicken, artichoke and pesto pot piesfatContent: 709.591 calories
saturatedFatContent: 34.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 42 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 56.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 223 milligrams cholesterol