When you put a perfectly browned, super-succulent chicken on the table, everyone will be impressed.
The ingredient of Garlic and rosemary butter pot roast chicken
- 60g butter, at room temperature
- 1 tbs MasterFoodsu00ae Garlic & Rosemary
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, halved
- 1 tsp MasterFoodsu00ae Tarragon Leaves
- 1.5kg whole chicken
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 500g baby potatoes
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 250g button mushrooms
The instruction how to make Garlic and rosemary butter pot roast chicken
- Preheat oven to 180u00baC/160u00baC fan forced. Combine butter, garlic and rosemary mix, lemon rind and 1/2 tsp of the tarragon in a bowl. Season.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towel. Gently work your hands between the skin and the flesh of the breasts to loosen the skin, taking care not to tear the skin. Spread threequarters of the butter mixture over the flesh. Spread the remaining butter mixture over the chicken skin. Place 2 onion wedges and 1 lemon half in chicken cavity. Truss chicken.
- Place potatoes and remaining onion in a 28cm (base measurement) ovenproof roasting pan. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with remaining tarragon. Season. Stir to combine. Push potatoes to side of pan. Add chicken. Squeeze remaining lemon half over chicken then place lemon half in pan. Roast, rotating pan halfway, for 1 hour 15 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Increase oven to 200u00baC/180u00baC fan forced. Transfer chicken to a plate and cover with foil to rest. Add mushrooms to pan. Stir to coat in pan juices. Cook for a further 10-15 minutes or until golden. Return chicken to centre of the pan to serve.
Nutritions of Garlic and rosemary butter pot roast chickenfatContent: