Cheese and asparagus tart is Spring food at its best!
The ingredient of Cheese and asparagus tart
- 300g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 100g low-fat feta, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon thyme leaves
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches (400g) asparagus, trimmed
- 2 sheets ready-rolled puff pastry, partially thawed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Baby rocket, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Cheese and asparagus tart
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine ricotta, feta, lemon rind, thyme and onion in a bowl. Season with pepper.
- Cook asparagus in a saucepan of boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- Place pastry on prepared trays. Spread ricotta mixture over pastry, leaving a 2cm border. Top with asparagus. Fold pastry edges up. Brush pastry edges with milk. Bake for 30 minutes or until pastry is puffed and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, place basil, mustard, lemon juice and oil in a screw-top jar. Secure lid. Shake to combine.
- Cut each tart in quarters. Drizzle with basil mixture. Serve with rocket and lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Cheese and asparagus tartfatContent: 518.869 calories
saturatedFatContent: 31.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 36.2 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 20.9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 28 milligrams cholesterol