Perfect for vegetarians, this tasty meal is packed with flavour, fibre and nutrients.
The ingredient of Tomato & basil pasta bake
- 300g dried wholemeal fusilli pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 leek, pale section only, halved, washed, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil
- 120g (1/2 cup) fresh low-fat ricotta, crumbled
- Shredded fresh basil, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Tomato & basil pasta bake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain. Return to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the leek, carrot and celery, and cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Stir in the basil. Season with pepper.
- Add the tomato mixture to the pasta and toss to combine. Transfer to a 1.5L (6-cup) capacity ovenproof dish. Top with ricotta. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until golden. Top with extra basil to serve.
Nutritions of Tomato & basil pasta bakefatContent: 315.48 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 48 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 14 grams protein