For a meal the whole family will enjoy try this delicious delicious spinach and feta pie.
The ingredient of Spinach pie
- Light olive oil spray, to grease
- 2 large brown onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 250g pkts frozen spinach
- 100g (1/2 cup) low-fat cottage cheese
- 70g Greek feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 5 sheets filo pastry (Antoniou brand)
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
The instruction how to make Spinach pie
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Spray a 12 x 24cm ovenproof dish with the olive oil spray to lightly grease.
- Combine the onions, garlic and lemon juice in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon for 3-4 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add the frozen spinach to the pan and cook, breaking apart with a wooden spoon for 7-10 minutes or until defrosted. Cook for a further 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Transfer to a bowl and stand for 15 minutes or until cool. Stir in the cottage cheese, feta, parsley, mustard, cracked pepper and nutmeg and mix until combined. Add the eggs and fold through with a large metal spoon.
- Lay the filo sheets on a work bench, cover with a clean tea towel and then a damp tea towel to prevent pastry from drying out. Working quickly, lay 3 sheets of filo over the baking dish and gently mould the filo to the shape of the dish with your fingers, allowing the edges of the filo to overlap the dish.
- Spoon the spinach mixture evenly into the dish. Fold the remaining 2 sheets of filo in half and place over the top of the pie. With wet fingertips, roll the edges of the pastry together to form an edge around the pie.
- Lightly spray the top of the pie with the olive oil spray. Sprinkle With poppy seeds and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes until the filling is firm and pastry is golden. Cool
Nutritions of Spinach piefatContent: 147.702 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 11 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 10 grams protein
sodiumContent: 84 milligrams cholesterol