Change up weeknight meals with this Moroccan inspired tagine that takes just 10 minutes!
The ingredient of Moroccan chickpea tagine
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning
- 400g can crushed tomatoes with onion & garlic
- 1 cup (200g) couscous
- 60g baby spinach leaves
The instruction how to make Moroccan chickpea tagine
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the chickpeas and Moroccan seasoning and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes and 1/2 cup (125ml) water to pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 3 mins or until sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Season.
- Meanwhile, place couscous in a large heatproof bowl. Stir in 1 cup (250ml) boiling water. Cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins. Use a fork to separate the grains. Season. Serve with the chickpea mixture and spinach.
Nutritions of Moroccan chickpea taginefatContent: 386.702 calories
saturatedFatContent: 4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 63 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 18 grams protein