Try our healthy Japanese tofu salad for a delicious versatile meal thats quick and easy to prepare.
The ingredient of Brown rice and tofu salad with sunflower seeds
- 200g (1 cup) brown rice
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, halved, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 75g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 40g (1/4 cup) sunflower seed kernels
- 200g Soyco Japanese Tofu (see note), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
The instruction how to make Brown rice and tofu salad with sunflower seeds
- Cook the rice in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Rinse under cold running water. Drain.
- To make the dressing, combine the orange juice, soy sauce, honey and ginger in a small bowl.
- Place the rice, celery, capsicum, spinach, currants and half the sunflower seeds in a large bowl. Drizzle over the dressing and toss to combine.
- Divide the rice mixture among serving bowls and top with the tofu. Sprinkle with the remaining sunflower seeds to serve.
Nutritions of Brown rice and tofu salad with sunflower seedsfatContent: 382.4 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 56 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 17 grams protein