Asparagus shoots & zucchini flowers â€” delicate and delicious, these rare garden offerings make simple meals look gourmet.
The ingredient of Zucchini flower and asparagus pasta
- 300g farfalle pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 100g sugar snap peas, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 100g fresh peas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup (185ml) thickened cream
- 6 zucchini flowers, halved lengthways
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Small basil leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Zucchini flower and asparagus pasta
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions until al dente. Add the asparagus, sugar snap peas and green peas and cook for 1 minute or until bright green and tender crisp. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the squash and garlic and cook, turning occasionally, for 2 minutes or until tender. Add the cream and cook for 1 minute or until cream thickens slightly. Add the zucchini flowers and lemon zest and remove from heat. Add the pasta mixture and shake the pan to coat in cream mixture. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture among serving bowls. Sprinkle with basil leaves. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Zucchini flower and asparagus pastafatContent:
saturatedFatContent: 21 grams fat
cholesterolContent: 14 grams protein