These ravioli are perfect for a light summer meal. They are low in fat and high in flavour.
The ingredient of Lemon and ricotta ravioli
- 250g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 1 eggwhite, lightly beaten
- 400g fresh lasagne pasta sheets
- 1 tablespoon Bertolli Olive Oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- pinch salt flakes
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1 orange, juiced
The instruction how to make Lemon and ricotta ravioli
- Combine ricotta, thyme, chives and lemon rind in a bowl. Mix well.
- Brush 1 pasta sheet with eggwhite. Place 6 to 8 heaped teaspoons ricotta mixture in 2 rows, at 5cm intervals, on pasta sheet. Top with another pasta sheet. Press between mounds to seal.
- Cut pasta down the middle between the 2 rows. Cut each row into large squares, pressing edges to seal. Repeat with remaining pasta and filling. Place ravioli on a wire rack. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Make sauce: Combine oil, garlic, salt flakes, basil and pepper in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add 1 tablespoon orange juice. Process until almost smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup orange juice.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Drop ravioli into water. Stir. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until tender. Drain. Spoon ravioli onto serving plates. Drizzle with basil sauce. Season with pepper. Serve.
Nutritions of Lemon and ricotta raviolifatContent: 326.952 calories
saturatedFatContent: 9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 45.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 16 grams protein
sodiumContent: 1 milligrams cholesterol