These delicious savoury tarts can be served as a side dish or main for vegetarians.
The ingredient of Asparagus and goats cheese filo tart
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 50g butter
- 8 sheets filo pastry (see note)
- 1 leek, white part only
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 200g marinated soft goats cheese
- 2 witlof (see note)
- 1 green apple
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
The instruction how to make Asparagus and goats cheese filo tart
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place pine nuts on an oven tray and roast for 3 minutes or until golden. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place butter in a large frying pan and cook over low heat for 2 minutes or until just foaming. Remove from heat.
- Place filo on a clean work surface. Cover with a dry tea towel, then a damp tea towel to prevent filo drying out. Brush 1 filo sheet with butter, then place another sheet on top. Repeat brushing and layering with butter and remaining filo. Reserve remaining butter in frying pan. Trim stack to a 16cm x 40cm rectangle and use to line tart pan, allowing excess pastry to overhang. Place pan on an oven tray and bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice leek. Heat pan with reserved butter over medium heat. Add leek and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Crush in garlic. Cook for a further minute, stirring, or until fragrant. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Snap off 2cm from asparagus ends. Cut spears in half and cook for 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- Spoon leek mixture into pastry case. Crumble over half the goats cheese, top with asparagus, then crumble over remaining goatu2019s cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, to make salad, trim witlof, separate leaves and place in a bowl. Thinly slice apple and add to witlof with pine nuts.
- Whisk oil and vinegar in a jug and season. Drizzle over salad and toss to combine. Serve tart with salad.
Nutritions of Asparagus and goats cheese filo tartfatContent: 486.843 calories
saturatedFatContent: 36 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 15 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 24 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 16 grams protein
sodiumContent: 52 milligrams cholesterol