Give these fresh vegetarian parcels a spin for dinner. Have your ingredients and equipment ready - and youre off!
The ingredient of Asparagus and tofu rice paper parcels
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 spring onions
- 1 red birdu2019s-eye chilli
- 350g packet firm tofu
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 eggs
- 2cm piece ginger
- 16 x 20cm rice paper wrappers (see note)
- Vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fish sauce
- 40g (1/4 cup) roasted cashews
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 1/4 bunch coriander
The instruction how to make Asparagus and tofu rice paper parcels
- To make filling, trim asparagus and spring onions, then thinly slice on the diagonal. Place in a bowl. Finely chop chilli with seeds. Add half to asparagus mixture and reserve remainder to make sauce. Drain tofu, pat dry, then add to asparagus mixture with spices and eggs. Peel ginger, then grate over. Using a fork, mash tofu until mixture is well combined.
- Fill a sink with warm water. Stack 2 rice paper wrappers and place in water for 15 seconds or until just pliable, then place on a clean tea towel. Place one-eighth of filling in the centre. Fold in 2 opposite sides to slightly overlap in the centre, then fold in remaining sides to form a square parcel. Repeat process with remaining rice paper wrappers and filling. Makes 8.
- Fill a frying pan 1cm deep with oil. Heat over medium heat. Working in batches of 2, cook parcels, fold-side down first, for 3 minutes each side or until golden. Drain on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Crush garlic into a bowl. Add reserved chilli, juice of 1 lime, sugar and fish sauce, then stir until sugar dissolves.
- Roughly chop cashews, cucumber and coriander leaves. Combine in a bowl.
- Divide parcels among plates, scatter with cashew mixture, then drizzle over sauce. Cut remaining lime into wedges and serve with tofu parcels.
Nutritions of Asparagus and tofu rice paper parcelsfatContent: