This delicious pumpkin and feta vegetarian pasta bake is a filling meal for the whole family.
The ingredient of Pumpkin and feta pastitsio
- 275g penne rigate
- 1/2 (about 1kg) butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 500g (2 cups) Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 150g feta, crumbled
- 3 eggs
- Large pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons pistachio kernels, finely chopped
The instruction how to make Pumpkin and feta pastitsio
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling water until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cook pumpkin and garlic in a large saucepan of boiling water for 15 minutes or until very tender. Drain and return to the pan. Use a masher to mash until smooth.
- Combine the yoghurt, feta, eggs and nutmeg in a large bowl. Season and stir in the mashed pumpkin mixture.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan forced. Grease a 22cm round (base measurement) springform pan. Spread one-quarter of the pumpkin mixture over the base of the prepared pan. Top with one-third of the pasta, arranging the pasta so it is lying flat and facing one direction. Continue layering with the remaining pumpkin mixture and pasta, finishing with a layer of pumpkin mixture. Bake for 45 minutes or until set. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest. Sprinkle with pistachio.
Nutritions of Pumpkin and feta pastitsiofatContent: 416.577 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 53 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 16 grams protein