This hearty vegetarian torte can be served as a main meal or as part of a family dinner.
The ingredient of Baked pumpkin, spinach and pine nut torte
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300g pumpkin, chopped and steamed
- 1/2 cup chopped semi-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 x 250g light cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup (180ml) cream
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
The instruction how to make Baked pumpkin, spinach and pine nut torte
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Oil a 20cm tin, line base with baking paper and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the parmesan.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook onion for 4 mins. Add spinach and garlic. Stir for 1-2 mins or until wilted. Add pumpkin, semi-dried tomatoes and pine nuts. Remove from the heat.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons parmesan. Place remaining parmesan, cream cheese and eggs into a bowl. Beat until smooth. Add cream and beat until combined. Stir in the cooled spinach mixture and season well.
- Pour mixture into tin and sprinkle with reserved parmesan. Bake for 10 mins, then reduce heat to 180u00b0C and cook for 30-35 mins until firm. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate in the tin for 4 hours. Remove, slice and serve with salad.
Nutritions of Baked pumpkin, spinach and pine nut tortefatContent: 446.93 calories
saturatedFatContent: 38 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 20 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 10 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 17 grams protein