This easy green vegetarian burgers make a deliciously healthy weeknight meal.
The ingredient of Ricotta and pea burgers with avocado dressing
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas
- 75g (1/2 cup) frozen shelled edamame
- 125g (1/2 cup) fresh ricotta
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons couscous
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 4 wholegrain bread rolls, halved
- Salad leaves, to serve
- 1 small beetroot bulb, peeled, grated
- 1 small avocado, chopped
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
The instruction how to make Ricotta and pea burgers with avocado dressing
- Place peas and edamame in a large heatproof bowl. Add enough boiling water to cover. Set aside for 5 minutes. Drain well. Return to the bowl and use a stick mixer to blitz until coarsely chopped. Stir in the ricotta, sesame seeds, couscous, egg and chives. Season. Divide into 4 portions. Shape each into a patty.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with oil. Cook the patties for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden.
- Meanwhile, for the avo dressing, place the avocado, lemon rind, coconut cream, garlic and mint in a food processor. Process until smooth. Stir in 1-2 tbs lemon juice, to taste. Season.
- Place the roll bases on serving plates. Top with the salad leaves, ricotta and pea patties, and grated beetroot. Add a dollop of the avo dressing and cover with the tops of the rolls.
Nutritions of Ricotta and pea burgers with avocado dressingfatContent: 488.277 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 39 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 20 grams protein