This warm and hearty chickpea curry is a great vegetarian meal option.
The ingredient of Spicy chickpeas with eggplant
- 60mls (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 (about 450g) baby eggplant, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning (Master Foods brand)
- 1 400g can diced tomatoes
- 250mls (1 cup) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 380g (2 cups) couscous
- 250mls (1 cup) fresh orange juice
- 75g (1/2 cup) currants
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
The instruction how to make Spicy chickpeas with eggplant
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic. Cover and cook for 3 minutes or until softened slightly.
- Add eggplant and spice mix and stir to coat well. Cook for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Stir in the chickpeas.
- Prepare the couscous according to packet directions replacing 250mls (1 cup) of water with the orange juice. Stir in currants and olive oil and stand for 2 minutes. Serve with the chickpea curry.
Nutritions of Spicy chickpeas with eggplantfatContent: 424.225 calories
saturatedFatContent: 5.5 grams fat
sugarContent: 83 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 11 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 13 grams protein