Wombok has a sweet, mild flavour and makes for the perfect backdrop to this vegetarian meal. Start the recipe a day ahead to allow the tofu to marinate.
The ingredient of Sweet chilli tofu with cabbage salad
- 60ml (1/4 cup) sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 300g pkt firm tofu, cut into triangles
- 4 white corn tortillas
- 1/2 wombok (Chinese cabbage), shredded
- 25g (1/4 cup) flaked almonds, toasted
- 3 green shallots, trimmed, sliced
- 1 cup fresh coriander sprigs
- Long fresh green chilli, thinly sliced, to serve (optional)
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
The instruction how to make Sweet chilli tofu with cabbage salad
- Combine the chilli sauce, honey and soy sauce in a glass or ceramic dish. Add tofu and stir to coat. Cover and place in the fridge, turning occasionally, for 4 hours or overnight, to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Pour tofu and marinade onto prepared tray. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, place the tortillas on a separate tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp. Break tortillas into pieces.
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Combine the tortillas, cabbage, almonds, shallots, coriander and chilli, if using, in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine. Serve topped with tofu.
Nutritions of Sweet chilli tofu with cabbage saladfatContent: 439.999 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 34 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 17 grams protein