This colourful salad is perfect for a vegetarian meal or a side salad for summer barbecues.
The ingredient of Rustic mixed tomato and spiced chickpea salad
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 350g pkt mixed medley tomatoes, large tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup dill sprigs
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 100g marinated fetta, crumbled
The instruction how to make Rustic mixed tomato and spiced chickpea salad
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place chickpeas in a bowl. Drizzle with 1 tbs oil. Sprinkle with the cumin, coriander and paprika. Season. Toss to combine. Spread over 1 lined tray. Bake, tossing occasionally, for 15 mins or until chickpeas are light golden. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the tomatoes on the remaining lined tray. Drizzle with 1 tsp of the remaining oil. Season. Bake for 10-15 mins or until tomatoes begin to collapse. Set aside to cool.
- Place chickpeas, tomatoes, avocado, mint, parsley, basil and dill in a bowl. Place vinegar and remaining oil in a screw-top jar. Shake until well combined. Drizzle over the tomato mixture and toss to combine. Arrange on a serving platter. Sprinkle with the fetta.
Nutritions of Rustic mixed tomato and spiced chickpea saladfatContent: 391.721 calories
saturatedFatContent: 30 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 13 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 12 grams protein