This fragrant pumpkin and chickpea curry makes a hearty vegetarian meal.
The ingredient of Pumpkin and chickpea curry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 550g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 400g can Coles Brand Italian Diced Tomatoes
- 400g can Coles Brand Chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 1/3 cup Greek yoghurt
The instruction how to make Pumpkin and chickpea curry
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 2-3 mins or until softened. Add the pumpkin, garlic and spices. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant.
- Add the stock and tomato. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 mins. Add chickpeas and simmer a further 10 mins or until pumpkin is just tender. Add coriander and season.
- Spoon the curry into bowls. Top with yoghurt and extra coriander.
Nutritions of Pumpkin and chickpea curryfatContent: 246.887 calories
saturatedFatContent: 8.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 28.4 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 15.9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 9.5 grams protein